By September 6, 2011 Read More →

Rick Perry Condemned for Wanting Sonograms Before Abortions

FacebookGoogle+RedditTwitterPinterestTumblrEmailShare

Texas Governor Rick Perry has been taking a lot of heat from both the Right and the Left.  Although many on the Left complain about many things Perry advocates, one of their biggest annoyances is he is Pro Life:

Against the backdrop of three wars and economic turmoil, it may seem quaint to focus on a presidential candidate’s stances on abortion. But Perry’s record on the issue is not just fodder for another round of battles in America’s culture war—it’s a genuinely troubling indication of his skewed priorities and distorted judgment.

The Pro Choice crowd is upset that before a woman in Texas can have an abortion she must see the image of the fetus on a sonogram.  This fact angers Liberals to no end:

Flanked on both sides by gray-haired men in cowboy hats, Perry’s underscored just how little he thought of a woman’s right to choose: “Only when someone has access to all the facts, has a deep understanding of what’s at stake, can you make the right decision, and like many in the room today, I believe the right choice is life,” he declared.

I love the phrase “a woman’s right to choose.”  The logical word which follows this statement is never uttered: abortion.

It sounds like a woman is choosing a tree for their living room or picking out a new pair of pants from a department store.

I’m choosing.

You’re choosing to end a life.

Let’s call it what it is, okay?

I’m not Pro Life I’m Pro You’ll Have to Live with Your Decisions and I would be the last person to tell someone don’t get an abortion.

But why is it so horrible for a woman, before her fetus is aborted, to see an image of it on a monitor?

Could it be Liberals are afraid her conscious will get the better of her?  Perhaps she’ll have second thoughts?  It’s like it all needs to be swept under the rug.

Is re-considering a major decision such a terrible idea?

There are, on average, about 1.37 million abortions per year in the United States.

Liberals call any limit placed on abortions “Anti Choice”:

Since becoming governor in 2000, Perry has not hesitated to push multiple anti-choice bills through an eager state legislature, making the record of his predecessor, George Bush, pale in comparison. One law signed by Perry required parental consent for abortions performed on minors unless they get a judicial waiver as victims of rape or incest; another requires counseling followed by a 24 hour waiting period in order to get an abortion; most recent was the onerous “emergency” law requiring a sonogram.

If someone is 18 let them do as they please but, under this age, they are minors.  If they can’t join the Army, get married, or have elective surgery without parental consent why should they be allowed to get an abortion on their own?

I understand the arguments… the girl’s parents will punish her or shame her into not getting an abortion.  As terrible as the strain that might be put on that relationship is, you’re a minor deal with it.  There are consequences to actions.

If someone is really certain they want an abortion how would seeing an image of the fetus really change their mind?  If, to them, it is simply a collection of cells, then where is the harm?

I think, deep down inside, Liberals are afraid that some women might, you know, get the feeling that what they are doing is wrong because, for them, it’s a “choice” not a child.

As long as Rick Perry doesn’t try to make abortions illegal, I’m fine with it.

Posted in: Conservatives, Featured

10 Comments on "Rick Perry Condemned for Wanting Sonograms Before Abortions"

Trackback | Comments RSS Feed

1. LD Jackson says:

You’re right, Harrison. The liberals view any restriction placed on abortion as too much restriction. They want it to be available freely and openly to any woman, regardless of the reason. They have been successful in changing the debate into a debate over choice, when in fact, it should be a debate over the life of the child.

Abortion advocates really like to throw the rape and incest card around, but statistics show that a very, very small percentage of abortions are the result of rape or incest. This highlights the fact that the vast majority of abortions are the result of a woman’s choice to kill her unborn child, but the liberals can’t have that fact being broadcast.
    LD Jackson recently posted..The Sins Of Gibson Guitar

2. Steve Dennis says:

I agree, I don’t see what possible harm can come from giving a woman all the information possible before making a decision like this. The left is afraid that this will lead to fewer abortions and that is really a twisted way to look at it in my opinion.
    Steve Dennis recently posted..Union leader calls for war on the Tea Party: “let’s take these sons of bitches out”

3. Jack Camwell says:

Even if the women are somehow guilted into keeping the baby after seeing the sonogram, it’s still ultimately their choice.

It’s kind of odd to me that some pro-choice people seem to think that the choice is only to actually get an abortion. Doesn’t the notion of choice mean that there’s an alternative? Is a choice made out of ignorance really a choice at all?

If these detractors were truly interested in a woman’s right to choose whether or not to keep a pregnancy, then perhaps they should also advocate the idea that every woman should fully understand what the choice means?
    Jack Camwell recently posted..Happy Labor Day!

• Harrison says:

I don’t like the term “Pro Choice” because I think it is really saying “Choose Abortion” if you want. That’s fine but I think a horse should be called a horse, etc.

• Dean says:

Harrison, it’s because of this I do not give them the satisfaction of referring to that crowd as “pro-choice” but rather “pro-abortion”.

Despite what they say, their long-standing track record on this matter demands it so.
        Dean recently posted..A dispatch from the Golden State

4. Dean says:

Let me get this straight: Liberals have no problem ordering me to purchase health insurance via ObamaCare but scream bloody hell over requiring a sonogram prior to an abortion.

Fighting tooth and nail against the most sensible and reasonable late-term abortion restrictions and abortion survivor laws, reveals a disturbing and chilling culture of death within the liberal-Left establishment.
    Dean recently posted..A dispatch from the Golden State

• Harrison says:

Numbers show the greatest numbers of abortions are by blacks. I’m surprised that Liberals do not say “Pro Choice” people are racists.

5. eots says:

You are right. I went from “What, you mean there is something wrong with abortion?” to being basically pro-life. My babies were babies the first time I saw them on the ultrasound. It might have been a coincidence, but I think I saw their personalities on the screen.
    And yes, it’s not like picking a pair of pants. There is a life involved, and that person can’t speak up for himself.
    eots recently posted..Movie Review: The Debt

6. It strikes me that the liberals pro abortion objection to a pre-abortion sonogram is in keeping with the liberal agenda to deny the reality that a fetus is a living organism.

In combat you sometimes have to look an enemy in the eyes before you kill him, not an easy thing to do.

We might then liken the sonogram to that of looking in the face of a baby a woman is thinking of killing, the difference being that baby is not trying to kill her back….